Twitter joins Rajnikanth, mind it


Tamil superstar enters the virtual world ahead of Kochadaiiyan: Naan late-a vandhaalum latest-a varuven,” thunders Rajinikanth in the film Baba. This loosely translates to: “I may be late but I will be the latest.” He lives up to the famous dialogue by debuting on Twitter on Monday. A late entrant among celebrities to exploit the social media platform, Rajinikanth enters the virtual world to connect with his fans ahead of the release of Kochadaiiyan, India’s first full-length3D animated film made using motion capture technology. The movie set for release on May 9 is jointly produced by Eros International, Mediaone Global Entertainment and Cinemorphic. It is directed by Rajinikanth’s daughter, Soundarya R Ashwin, and hasDeepika Padukone in the female lead. Rajinikanth’s Twitter and digital space debut at large is part of the film’s publicity efforts. The normally reticent Rajinikanth looks forward to interact more actively with his fans on social media, said a release from his online media management agency Fluence. “I decided to start with Twitter because I felt that the platform is abuzz with all the news I’m told that this is where all the bestRajini one liners are! I have always believed that my career graph is a miracle I owe my fans. I have been contemplating joining the social media platform for a while to connect with them, hear what they have to say and share my thoughts. Unfortunately, I never got around to it until now,” he said. Fluence manages the digital life of celebrities including Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Sonu Nigam and Karishma Kapoor and their responsibilities include managing social media presence, digital endorsements, online/mobile monetisation and equity-linked investments in the digital space. Twitter users around the world can follow and converse live with Rajinikanth by visiting Twitter.com/SuperStarRajini or @SuperStarRajini on the Twitter app. Fans can also follow the actor’s Twitter account by dialing or giving a missed call to 080 6700. Source: mydigitalfc.comImage: flickr.com